Rocket Internet is a company that incubates and develops
e-commerce and other consumer-oriented online companies.
Kinnevik owns 24.2% of the parent company Rocket
Internet GmbH and works closely with the founders of
Rocket Internet in order to start up companies and develop
them into leading Internet players.
Besides the investment into Rocket Internet, Kinnevik
has also invested directly into a number of companies founded
by Rocket Internet in the following segments:
• E-commerce of shoes and fashion, with Zalando in Europe, Dafiti in Latin America, Lamoda in Russia and CIS, Jabong in India, Namshi in Middle East, Zalora in South East Asia, The Iconic in Australia, Zando in South Africa as well as other newly started companies in other emerging
• E-commerce of furniture and home décor, with Home24 and Westwing in Europe, Mobly in Brazil and a number of other companies that are active in emerging markets.
• E-commerce of general retail, with Kanui and Tricae in Brazil, Lazada in South East Asia, Linio in Latin America and Jumia in Africa.
• Marketplaces for brokering short-term housing through the companies Wimdu and Airizu, and place for food ordering through Foodpanda.
• Subscription-based services, with Glossybox offering beauty and style products, and HelloFresh delivering weekly food baskets for home cooking.