- The market value of the Group's holdings of listed securities increased by 28% during the first quarter, equal to SEK 7,103 million, and amounted on 31 March 2006 to SEK 32,793 million.
- Including the increase in the fair value of financial assets and result from discontinued operations, the Group reported a profit after tax of SEK 7,353 million (loss of 463) for the first quarter.
- The profit per share for continuing operations was SEK 27.88 (loss of 1.83).
- Revenue for Korsnäs Industrial increased by 14% to SEK 1,049 million and operating profit increased by 36% to SEK 163 million.
- Revenue for the entire Group totaled SEK 1,245 million (1,117) and operating profit was SEK 140 million (122).
- Promising new ventures within agriculture and renewable energy, where Kinnevik foresee a great potential for future growth in value.
- On 13 March it was announced that the Board of Directors has appointed Mia Brunell as President and Chief Executive Officer of Kinnevik effective 1 August 2006. Mia succeeds Vigo Carlund, who is retiring after 37 years with the group, of which seven years as President and CEO of Kinnevik.
The full report with tables can be downloaded from the following link: