Financial results for the fourth quarter
· The market value of the Group's securities in Major Listed Holdings amounted to SEK 41,128 million on 31 December, an increase of 12% 1) since 30 September 2009.
· Korsnäs' revenue increased to SEK 2,021 million (1,668) and operating profit amounted to SEK 242 million (loss of 138).
· The Group's total revenue increased to SEK 2,131 million (1,796) and operating profit amounted to SEK 238 million (loss of 180).
· Net result after tax, including changes in fair value of financial assets, amounted to SEK 4,734 million (loss of 6,805).
· The profit per share was SEK 17.07 (loss of 26.11).
Events during the fourth quarter
· A decision was made to invest in a bio-energy plant in Korsnäs. Korsnäs intends to invest approximately SEK 320 million in cash for a 50% share in a jointly owned company Bomhus Energi AB.
· Kinnevik signed an agreement to invest EUR 35 million into the online group European Internet Holding. The acquisition was completed in the beginning of February 2010.
Financial results for 2009
· The market value of the Group's securities in Major Listed Holdings increased by SEK 15,722 1) 2) million corresponding to 65% during the year.
· Korsnäs' revenue increased by 9% to SEK 8,039 million (7,396) and operating profit increased to SEK 851 million (429), an operating margin of 10.6% (6.7%).
· The Group's total revenue amounted to SEK 8,397 million (7,719) and operating profit was SEK 842 million (398).
· Net result after tax, including changes in fair value of financial assets, amounted to SEK 16,373 million (loss of 25,762).
· The profit per share was SEK 61.66 (loss of 97.94).
· The Board proposes that the Annual General Meeting decide on a cash dividend amounting to SEK 3.00 (2.00) per share.
"I am proud to present our financial results for 2009, a year in which the Kinnevik portfolio of companies showed strong operational and financial performance despite significant macroeconomic headwind. Kinnevik's proportional share of the holdings' revenue increased by 4% and operating profit by 14%. We made five new investments during the year and our solid financial position will allow us to increase the dividend by 50% to SEK 3 per share", says Mia Brunell Livfors, CEO of Kinnevik.
1) Including dividends received.
2) Excluding acqusition value of shares and securities included in the acquisition of Emesco AB of SEK 2,232 million.